Trail No.
                      11

St Tysilio & St Mary Church, Meifod

The church of St Tysilio & St Mary lies at the heart of the Vyrnwy valley on the site of an early medieval clas and has links to the early Princes of Powys.

The present church is a magnifi cent building with a western aisle dating from the c12th and a fine 15th century tower.

The interior has a fine arch braced roof which remained covered until the Victorian restoration of the 1870’s.

Directions

A495. Toilet and parking facilities in the village car park. The King’s Head pub, also opposite the church serves food and offers B&B.

 

Downloads

PDF Trail Guide

 

 

map_trails

 

Map