Trail No.
                      3

St Dogfan's Church, Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant

The church is famous as the place where Bishop William Morgan translated the Bible into Welsh in 1588.

Parts of the building date from the c14th with later additions over the centuries. Inside there is an exhibition of William Morgan and the Bible, as well as the c9th Cwgan stone, and many fine c17th fittings.

A fine three manual and pedal pipe organ by Walter James Bird & Son of Birmingham was installed in 1906.

Directions

B4580. Parking and toilet facilities in the village centre. Variety of shops and places for refreshment.

 

Downloads

PDF Trail Guide

 

 

map_trails

 

Map